Dance Your Way to Health!
Submitted by Emily Patterson on behalf of Primrose Preschools
Dance can be a fun, easy way to introduce physical activity into your family's daily routine. As a provider of educational child care, Primrose Schools has recognized and is actively fighting against the childhood obesity epidemic. Your family can join in the fight- all you have to do is dance!
The Family Dance-off supports Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children's hospitals, which collectively treats 17 million children annually for every illness and injury imaginable.
Families are encouraged to record and submit a 30 second video of their family doing their dance to promote fitness and strengthen family bonds.
Participating in the Family Dance-off is easy:
1. Record a 30-second video of your family's best dance moves. Don't be afraid to bust a move and be silly!
2. Visit The Family Dance-off site and upload your best take by March 19.
3. Share your video with your friends over email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4. View and vote daily (five votes per day are allowed) for your favorite family dance video!
What would a competition be without prizes? Primrose Schools is providing prizes that aren't only great for your family but for your whole community, with $65,000 in donations to local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals:
· Grand Prize: $5,000 and Primrose will make a $30,000 donation to a local Children's Miracle Network Hospital
· 2nd Prize: $3,000 and Primrose will make a $20,000 donation to a local Children's Miracle Network Hospital
· 3rd Prize: $1,500 and Primrose will make a $15,000 donation to a local Children's Miracle Network Hospital
· All 14 Finalists will also receive a FLIP camcorder
Visit The Family Dance-off site for details on how to take part in the fight against childhood obesity, participate in the competition, and view past