One Minute Playground Tip
Adding a Walking and Jogging Track with Playground Stencils
1. This video is about the benefits of adding a walking/jogging track to the outside of your playground.
2. One of the least expensive ways of encouraging physical activity in schools is to add a walking and jogging track. You can do this with a little paint and a few stencils representing one of the least expensive physical activity interventions.
3. Peaceful Playgrounds has a walking and jogging track that’s easy to install and a permanent solution to encouraging physical activity at your school.
4. A bonus to painting a walking jogging track on the outside perimeter of the playground is it serves as a visual reminder of a physical activity choice that’s easy to participate in. When I added a jogging track to my school site, classroom teachers began to bring their students out when they got restless and would have them run a lap around the track.
5. It is also a great activity when the grass is wet from over watering or a rainy day.
6. Adding the running track is great for encouraging running programs at your school or for community use after school hours.
7. Thank you for attending this one minute playground tip on adding a walking / jogging track to your school. We hope you join us again and check out our You Tube Channel for other playground tips.
For more information on improving your school playground visit: Http://www.peacefulplaygrounds.com/resources